Travel Health Consultation and Medications – Denver Health Travel Clinic
The Denver Health Travel Clinic offers thorough travel assessment and evaluation personalized to your travel schedule, requires and level of travel experience. Assessments are offered people, households and groups of any ages.
The assessment typically takes 30-45 minutes and is performed by a travel health nurse who has instant access to the group of experts if there are any health-specific questions or issues. The assessment provides an extensive review of:
– Medications you are taking
– Physical fitness for travel or contraindications to take a trip
– Allergic reactions.
– Immunization history.
– Assessment of travel schedules and risk assessment (rural vs. city concerns).
– Examination of psycho-cultural issues (culture shot/adaptation, repatriation).
Your questions and issues, consisting of:.
– Immunizations you need for travel.
– Malaria, high elevation health problem, or traveler’s diarrhea prescriptions.
– Letters discussing medical conditions and medical waivers to ease your encounter with border authorities.
Info Consisted of:.
– Schedule particular disease.
– Disease avoidance and self-treatment.
– Water, food and ecological safety measures.
– Safety and security ideas.
– Health care resources.
– Consulate resources.
– Internationally recognized medical facility resources.
– U.S. Department of State advisories/ current news, weather and safety notifies.
– Supplemental insurance such as life, health, evacuation and diving insurance.
All details about your medial history, current medical concerns, allergic reactions, medications, immunization details and recommendations are kept in a confidential, electronic file which can be utilized for further pre-travel issues or future travel assessments.
– All clients who need Yellow Fever Vaccination are required to get a consultation by our nurse consultant.
Your pre-travel consultation with the Denver Health travel clinic health nurse is created to assist prepare you for safe and healthy travel and provide you with the resources required in the event you need to become ill.
If you are ill after your trip (fever, flu-like symptoms or consistent diarrhea) we motivate you to contact your medical care supplier for examination or you may likewise contact the Denver Health Travel Clinic for more details and referrals.